Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 2!

Baking day 2. Means 3 days until Christmas! Today was the day where I was sort of out of whack. Still, I managed to bake the stuff I wanted to. Lemon bars and cheesecake anyone?

Actually, lets start with this morning. I was planning to wake up early so I could make my lemon bars in the morning. But guess what? I didn't get up until it was almost eleven. Luckily there was leftover soup (and donuts! :D ) in the fridge for lunch , and then I managed to get the lemon bars in the oven before 12:00. That probably explains why they turned out a bit odd. Are lemon bars supposed to taste over the top OH my GOODNESS lemony? It looked OK. Or at least a bit nicer than disgusting. As my sister loves to say: they looked very interesting.


Yeah, the camera's pretty fuzzy, but you get the idea. I put them on this stand thing made up of plastic cups and plates. Not very Christmasy but sufficient enough.

Some more pictures
Haha, the plate's so messy

Best pic of the three. What do you think?

The cheesecake. Where do I start with the cheesecake. How about the frozen cheese? Have you ever frozen cream cheese before? Well, it turns out they lose an awful lot of their moisture and ends up more like ricotta instead of  a creamy spread-like mix that doesn't crumble into bits when you try to work with it. Well, I used it anyway. To tell you, it worked fine. The cheesecake turned out fine too, I guess. I put it in a 10 inch springform pan, that was way too big so the cake resembles a thick pancake, but it wasn't overcooked; so maybe that was the intention of the recipe poster. It looks marbled because I'm making this double layer pumpkin cheesecake. Too bad it's not supposed to be marbled, because it looks like there were random blotches of white from the layer underneath that resurfaced. I knew I didn't pour it in carefully enough. On the upside, that cake is DELICIOUS. It's like pudding or a custard and it tastes absolutely wonderful. I got it out of it's pan and tasted the bits that got stuck onto the pan, and I think it'll be good once I pipe some coolwhip on top of it. I didn't get any pictures (oh no!) Because I just put it in the fridge and I really don't want to take it out after playing around with the spaces in the fridge just so it could fit.

I actually got my baking goal finished early, so I started learning an awesome new song on the piano... The Pirates of the Caribbean theme song! YEAH! I heard it on youtube and it just sounds amazing. Hopefully  I can learn at least 3/4 of it before the winter break, because after winter break are the finals for all my subjects. But here's the video I listened to:

That is just awesome. Awesomeness wrapped in an aura of pure awesome. Just saying :)

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment