Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Half a Knitters MILE stone!!!

Dear all: I have reached half a knitting milestone. That is all.

I rather like this picture

it goes on and on and on...
It's actually big enough to make a dress

Do you see how big the thing is? No? Well, here's less of a pretty picture for comparable sizing
                                                                     
                                                                     
And another less than pretty pic
 Not bad for an amateur knitter methinks :)    


I finished these about two days ago. HALFWAY done! I came across this knitted stole pattern (I know-- 'stole' sounds weird) and blindly started it. It only took a quick trip to Wal-Mart for a big ball of yarn the color my receiver wanted and then 30 minutes desperately searching through my cardboard box of supplies before this project got underway.

When I first started this, it had been way too long since I had touched a knitting needle. It took about 2 months to get the border done because I kept undoing it. *sigh* But then it took about a month of furious knitting before the project reached that size.

This pattern calls for two 2 1/2 foot pieces to be knitted and then grafted together on the top with a Kitchener stitch. Let me tell you; I have no idea what the Kitchener stitch is. I know it vaguely connects to sock knitting, and that it all. But that's what Youtube and Google is for, right? Well, I moved my piece of knitting to another needle that I wasn't using. And suddenly

TADA! HALF A MILESTONE!

This stole is my first project that I have attempted to really, truly complete. My first big project, anyway. Now, unfortunately, comes the heavy other half of this particular milestone. Another 2 1/2 foot piece.
pathetic.
 What I really find amazing is that I finished the border of the second part in just 2-3 hours. Which is great compared to two months and considering how slow I am.

      Here's how the new piece looks ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~->






 <~-~-~-~-~-~-~   And compared to the big piece




 It's quite teensy. But to think of it, it looks like a great ruffle. :)





As I have said; that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment